Time is very precious. Time once gone will never come back. Time is very powerful. It heals all the scars and wounds. Many devices have been invented to measure time. The study of these devices is called horology. Let's read some exiting time facts.
22 Interesting Time Facts
- Time is described as the unlimited continued passage of existence and events within the past, present and future considered as a whole.
- Earth spins once in about twenty four hours with respect to the sun and once every twenty three hours, fifty six minutes and four seconds with respect to the stars. Earth's spin is slowing slightly with time; thus each day was shorter within the past.
- Albert Einstein conveyed that gravity makes time run more slowly. Thus, airplane travelers, flying where Earth's pull is weaker, age a couple of extra nanoseconds each flight.
- At the top of Mount Everest, a year would be about fifteen microseconds shorter than at sea level.
- The average human being falls asleep in 7 minutes.
- The smallest standard scientific measure of time is the Planck time. The unit is known as after Max Planck, who was the primary to propose it.
- Human beings are 3 dimensional creatures and time is the 4 dimensional. Hence people cannot see time. They can just register the markings of time and its consequence.
- Sunlight takes a mean of 8 minutes and 20 seconds to travel from sun to earth.
- There are 31,536,000 seconds in a year.
- Because the speed of Earth's rotation changes over time, each day within the age of dinosaurs was just 23 hours long.
- Researchers have revealed that a normal person blinks 15-20 times per minute. That's 1,200 times per hour and a thumping 28,800 times during a day.
- A hummingbird's heart beats 1,000 times a minute.
- The moon orbits the Earth every 27.32 days.
- Trying to regulate emotion stretches our perception of time.
- A snail can sleep for 3 Years.
- Between 1929 and 1940 the Soviet Union changed the length of the week 3 times. In 1930 Stalin abolished weekends to fulfill work quota. In 1931 it went to a 6 day week and back to a 7 day week in 1940.
- Once you eat the food, it takes approximately twelve hour's for the food to get entirely digested.
- A giraffe can survive longer without water than a camel.
- Bow head whale also known as Arctic whale's mean lifespan is over 200 years. The oldest studied bow head whale was at least 211 years old.
- Mayflies have the shortest lifespan on Earth. Their life lasts only for 24 hours.
- The African Nile crocodile can hold its breath sub-aquatic for up to 2 hours while expecting for prey.
- Time & tide wait for none. So better not delay and get the things done.
Hope you enjoyed reading Interesting Time Facts. Do not shy to share it with your friends.